Wednesday, December 29, 2010

new approach

Today we stopped feeding S her full feeds (115cc's x 7/day) by tube and tried bottle feeding whatever she would take. The thinking is that she should feel hungry before trying to suck.

 Its Working so far!!!

She drank by bottle 6 times today! She has never done that before! We are going to skip the last feed tonite rather than tubing it and see if that will help her appetite tomorrow. She is worn out and done for the day. I let her drink what she wanted today and didn't tube the rest like I usually do. Her total milk intake for the day is 20% less than usual. For now, I'm not worried about giving her less milk. I have the suspicion that we are tubing more than she needs, she's got quite the double chin! But I'll check with the doctors and see what they think too.

Very exciting news : )

No comments:

Post a Comment